Goodyear to set up 150 shop-in-shop exclusive retail outlets in India
22 Aug 06
- New international format stores to be introduced for the first time in India, to provide a complete brand experience
- Shop-in-shop format to offer much more than just tyres
- Exclusive tie-up for supply of car accessories to outlets
- Announces an investment of Rs. 30 crore for the project
- Standardised service quality across all outlets
- Initiative to strengthen company’s presence in the replacement tyre market
- Strong focus on organized retailing as future growth strategy
- Stores will feature Goodyear blimps for the first time in India, for enhanced brand recall
New Delhi, August 22, 2006. Goodyear India Limited today announced its strategic initiative in organized tyre retailing, aimed at strengthening its presence in the large tyre replacement market in the country.
At a press conference organized in the Capital today,Mr. Antonio Capellini, Managing Director, Goodyear India Ltd., announced that the company would be introducing its international format shop-in-shop outlets for the first time in India.
This organized tyre-retailing format has proven to be very successful in other markets like China and the ASEAN countries and is a part of the global initiative to differentiate the Goodyear brand from competitors.The company will set up 50 shops in shop format branded stores by the end of 2006 and at least 100 more by end of next year.
The first 6 stores would be opened in Chennai on 24th August, followed by 12-15 stores in North, South & West region and 3-5 stores in East region. All these outlets will be airconditioned, have international look-and-feel interiors and attractive range based display, utilize computerized software for easy access to tyre information; and carry prominent branding.
Goodyear’s space in the store in store format will vary in size between 400 – 900 sq. feet.